While several vaccine-preventable diseases are at or near record lows, we must continue to vaccinate ourselves and our children for protection against the many harmful health effects these diseases present. Research continues daily to ensure vaccine safety.
The SCHD offers immunization clinics for your convenience at its MAIN location. Registered nurses provide TB testing and immunization services required for childcare, school, and college entry, as well as adult needs. Protection is provided against the diseases listed below.
Clinic Location & Hours
View our Immunization Clinic Location and Hours.
For more information, call 989-758-3840.
Immunization Fax: 989-758-3809
- Influenza Type b (Hib)
- Hepatitis A & B
- Human Papillomavirus
- Pneumococcal Disease
- Seasonal Influenza
- Varicella (chicken pox)
- Zoster (shingles)
Immunization Payment & Insurance
Currently, we are able to bill Medicaid, Blue Care Network, Priority Health, ASR, McLaren Health Plans, Tri-Care Standard, Medicare (Flu and Pneumonia only), and some Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and some HAP insurance plans for the cost of covered vaccines. You must present a picture ID and your insurance card at the time of service. Clients are advised to contact their insurance company to determine which Immunizations are covered at the Saginaw County Health Department.
- Children younger than 19 years of age who have no insurance coverage or limited insurance coverage (that which does not cover shots) may qualify to receive vaccines for $20.00 per injection. Inability to pay will not defer services.
- Adults 19 years and older who have no insurance coverage or limited insurance coverage (that which does not cover shots) may qualify to receive limited vaccines for $20.00 per injection.
All others need to pay for the service based on the current SCHD immunization fee schedule or return to their primary care physician. Payment can be made by cash, check, or credit/debit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover).
An enhanced access fee will be assessed on the total amount of the credit/debit card payment.
Children younger than 19 years of age are eligible to receive Vaccines for Children (VFC) if they meet one of the following federal requirements:
- Be enrolled in Medicaid at the time of the visit
- Have no insurance coverage for ANY portion of the vaccine
- Be an Alaskan Native or an American Indian
An immunization record is provided at the time of service. Replacement records will be provided for $1.00 per copy.
Immunization Waiver Education
Effective January 1, 2015, the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services requires parents to participate in Immunization Waiver Education at the local health department prior to receiving a Non-Medical Immunization Waiver for school and childcare attendance. Immunization Waiver Education services are offered 5 days per week at the Main location, by appointment only. Please call (989) 758-3840 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
Note: Medical immunization waivers must be obtained from the child’s pediatrician/primary care provider.
- American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- US Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)