Personal Health Center
Walk in STI services available Tuesdays & Thursdays 8:30am - 11:00am & 1:00pm - 5:30pm
Walk-in birth control services available Wednesdays 8:30am - 11:00am & 1:00pm - 5:30pm with health record.*
*Females must have proof of a gynecological exam within the past year.
The Family Planning and Sexually Transmitted Infection Clinics have now become the Saginaw County Health Department's Personal Health Center for all services related to reproductive health.
Our friendly, caring staff are happy to answer your questions about reproductive health, birth control, sexually transmitted infections, and other health concerns. Our purpose is to help clients maintain, improve, and plan their reproductive health.
Services Available include:
- Physical exams for males & females
- Laboratory testing for cervical cancer and human papillomavirus (HPV)
- HIV/AIDS counseling and testing
- Condom distribution and other birth control supplies
- Sexually transmitted infection testing and treatment for males and females
- Partner services
- Health risk assessments by a registered nurse
- Referrals for tubal ligation, vasectomy, and infertility services
We also provide all approved methods of contraception on-site. For more information, click on the specific method below.
- Emergency Contraception
- Oral Contraceptive Pills
- Xulane Transdermal Patch
- Depo-Provera Injections
- Progestin-Only Pills
- Male Condoms
- Female Condoms
- Spermicides (Gel, Film)
- Intrauterine Contraception (IUC)
Teenagers are given priority in the clinic because they have the highest rates of sexually transmitted diseases. All services are confidential. Parental consent is not required.
Pregnant women are a priority in the clinic because of the long-term consequences of sexually transmitted infections to the mom and baby. Pregnant women can be given treatment for infections detected through their private provider and/or if they have been exposed to an infection. Proper documentation of infection or exposure is required. Partner elicitation is completed to stop reinfection.
Fees & Insurance
We are able to bill Medicaid and some private insurances for services. Clients are advised to contact their insurance company to verify their coverage. Please bring your insurance card and a picture ID with you to your visit. For services and supplies that are not billable to insurance, fees are based on your income. Donations are accepted. If you have a fee, payment is expected at the time of service. Payment can be made by cash, check, or credit/debit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover). An enhanced access fee will be assessed on the total amount of the credit/debit card payment. **Inability to pay will not deter services.**
Family Planning Annual Exams
Call the clinic to schedule your yearly exam. Females - please be prepared to provide the date of your last menstrual period. You will be scheduled at the most convenient time for you. You may complete the required Client Enrollment Form and the Personal History Form here. Please bring these completed forms with you to your appointment.
If you had a Pap smear with another doctor within the past year, let us know. You can obtain our Provider Form, which will allow your doctor to share your exam information with us. Once we have this information, you can receive birth control from us without repeating your exam. Clients are required to schedule an appointment once they have their provider form completed.
Clinic Location & Hours
Saginaw County Health Department
1600 North Michigan Avenue
Saginaw, MI 48602
Personal Health Clinic Hours
Monday - Friday: 8:00 am - 6:30 pm
During the weeks of the following holidays, PHC will operate 8:00AM—4:30PM Monday—Friday
- Memorial Day: May 30—June 2 (closed May 29th)
- Juneteenth: June 20—June 23 (closed June 19th)
- 4th of July: July 3—July 7 (closed July 4th)
- Labor Day: September 5—September 8 (closed Sept 4th)
- Veterans Day: November 6—November 10 (closed Nov 10th)
- Thanksgiving: November 20—November 22 (closed Nov 23rd & 24th)
- Christmas: December 18—December 31 (closed Dec 22nd, Dec 25th & Dec 29th)
- New Year: January 2—January 5, 2024 (closed Jan 1st)
To schedule an appointment, contact the clinic at 989-758-3870.