Breastfeeding Support

Breastfeeding Promotion and Support

WIC offers trained personnel ready to assist mothers in making informed decisions about their infant feeding choices and instructs mothers on the basics of breastfeeding.

WIC also offers breastfeeding peer counselor support programs that provide mother-to-mother counseling, educational resources, and breast pumps.

Need help with breastfeeding? We are now offering after hours services for WIC Breastfeeding Moms. Call or text our help line between 6pm – 8pm on Mondays and Wednesdays to talk to a breastfeeding peer counselor. If you need to leave a message between 6 – 8, she will return your call or text within 30 minutes. If you still would like some advice outside that time frame, you can also text and we will return your message within 24 hours.

Breastfeeding helpline: 989-280-9216

Call us at 989-758-3733 to schedule your appointment today!

Upcoming Events


In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

  1. mail:
    S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
  2. fax:
    (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
  3. email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.